>What went so right
- Extremely talented team determined to stretch their legs and create something innovative and new
- Brilliant (for the time) visuals and music
- Intelligent map design which made you memorise important roadblocks and plan accordingly
- Possibly the most flawless interpretation of risk/reward design in gaming. Every action on the part of the player has significant pros and cons, and decisions must be made carefully, especially for the first time player. Every mechanic, from battle, to traversal, to item management, can either make your life easier or blow up in your face.
- The mansion is a memorable character in itself, with many rooms remaining iconic to this day
- Uniquely unsettling and claustrophobic atmosphere